BODUM® Online Shop - please choose your country:
TECHNICAL PURCHASER (100%)
BODUM® - visionary innovation for nearly 70 years www.BODUM.com “Good design doesn’t have to be expensive” – Peter Bodum. BODUM®’s products are sold in 55 countries worldwide. BODUM® has its holding company and the BODUM® Design Group consisting of Pi-Design in Switzerland and its own production company in Portugal. BODUM®’s other offices are based in Humlebaek (DK), Tokyo, Sydney, London and New York and the sourcing offices are located in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore and Katowice.
At Bodum Product and Purchasing plays a central role and are working on a broad and global scale. Product design and purchasing must work across the organization to assist and execute strategic and operational decisions in order to have the right product from the right supplier with the right service and costs. This means that this person work with design, development, quality, logistics, purchasing, finance, production, supplier and management to ensure that we will maintain and further develop our innovative and well known design products.
Addressing Global Purchasing & Technical design opportunities
The purpose of the position is to be part of a team that ensure product design and quality is up to date to increase speed and performance from development till market availability to lower overall costs.
The main tasks are:
- Capability of reading and maintaining CAD drawings
- Establishing documentation for products and packaging
- Global market research, requests for quotations, tendering
- Supplier assessment and selection
- Contract initiation and negotiation
- Analyzing and assessment of current supplier and products
- Supplier performance evaluation and follow up
- Cost calculation, target costing further development
- Prepare a make or buy decision
- Purchasing projects
- Production tools, moulds, administration and movement
This position will provide you with an extensive understanding of the BODUM Group.
Desired Skills & Experience
Who are we looking for?
You must thrive in a fast paced, fast changing and dynamic environment, be a 1 team player with strong analytical abilities and interpersonal and communication skills. The following experience is additional requirements:
- Graduate Engineer, technician, design engineer, technical purchaser or similar with provable track record
- Experienced in purchasing of complete products and components
- High degree of technical understanding
- Very strong analytical and IT skills – in particular with ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics) and knowledge of CAD systems
Please send your application to Human Resources att.: Isabella Bieri on Isabella.Bieri@bodum.com
Frau Isabella Bieri