We are Bodum. Bodum is comprised of Bodum AG and its related companies, including Bodum (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 104 809 672).
Protecting your privacy is important to us. This policy explains how we manage personal information within our organisation.
Personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you may include:
- • identifying information, such as your name and date of birth
- • contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone numbers
- • social media handles and other social media profile information that you make available to us or to the public
- • billing and financial information, such as credit card, bank account or other payment details
- • details of any products or services that we provide to you
- • information about how you use the products and services we provide
- • records of our communications with you, including any messages or enquiries you send us (either through the website or through other means).
You are not required to provide us with your personal information. However, in certain circumstances, without this information we may not be able to provide you with our products or services (or with all of the features and functionality offered by our products or services) or to respond to queries or requests that you submit to us.
If you choose to visit our website without providing us with your personal information we will only collect data relating to your access of our website. This may include the name of your internet service provider, the page from which you are visiting us, the browser type/version/language, and a few other pieces of technical information or the name of the webpage or file you requested.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you:
- • when you order products or services from us
- • when you submit a feedback, query or request to us
- • when you respond to a survey that we run or fill in forms on one of our websites
- • when you sign-up to receive our newsletter, information about our special offers, and/or any other promotional material
- • by tracking your use of our website
- • from public sources
- • from third parties who are entitled to disclose that information to us (including third party ticketing and events organisations)
- • when you apply for a job with us.
Where we collect personal information from you, we will generally do so directly ourselves. However, in some cases we may collect personal information from a third party, such as through your representatives, contractors who provide services to us, or third parties who refer you to us because they think you may be interested in our products or services.
Purposes for which we use personal information
We use personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- • to verify your identity when you are dealing with us
- • to determine your eligibility for any of our products or services
- • to enable us to provide our products and services including any related charging and billing
- • to answer your feedback, queries and requests
- • to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- • to develop and improve our existing products and services and create new products and services (including by carrying out market analysis and research)
- • to monitor use of our products and services (including our website)
- • to improve customer service and our customer relationships
- • to assess, maintain, upgrade and improve our products and services
- • to carry out education and training programs for our staff
- • to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues
- • to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes
- • to keep you informed about our activities, including by sending out newsletters.
We may from time to time use your personal information in order to send you marketing materials about products or services that we think you may be interested in (including in some cases products and services that are provided by a third party). You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at [email protected] or following the “unsubscribe” link in the communication.
We may also use and disclose your information for other purposes as authorised by you, or in accordance with your requests or instructions.
People to whom we disclose personal information
We may share personal information about you with:
- • your representatives, advisers and others you have authorised to interact with us on your behalf
- • our staff who need the information to discharge their duties
- • our business partners, agents and service providers
- • payment system operators and financial institutions
- • prospective purchasers of all or part of our business assets or shares in our company or a related entity
- • professional advisers who we engage to provide advice on our business
- • government authorities who ask us to disclose that information, or to other people as required by law.
Our related entities, affiliates and service providers are located around the world. Our head office is in Switzerland, and we may ship our products from our warehouses in Portugal and China. We disclose your personal information to recipients located outside Australia when necessary to provide you with our goods and services. This may include related companies within the Bodum group, or third parties that we work with (including contractors and third party service providers).
Storage and security of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any of your personal information which we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. These steps include promptly updating personal information when we are advised that the information has changed, checking our contact lists for accuracy, and providing individuals with a simple means to update their personal information.
We store personal information for as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law. We generally store the personal information that we collect in electronic databases, some of which may be held on our behalf by third party data storage providers located in Europe. Sometimes we also keep hard copy records of this personal information in physical storage facilities. We use a range of physical and technical security processes and procedures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information that we hold, and we update these from time to time to address new and emerging security threats.
Access and correction
If you want to access any of the personal information that we hold about you or to correct some aspect of it (e.g. because you think it is incomplete or incorrect), please contact us using the contact details set out below. To protect the integrity and security of the information we hold, we may ask that you follow a defined access procedure, which may include steps to verify your identity. In certain cases we may charge you an administration fee for providing you with access to the information you have asked for, but we will inform you of this before proceeding. There may be cases where we are unable to provide the information you request, such as where it would interfere with the privacy of others or result in a breach of confidentiality. In these cases we will let you know why we cannot comply with your request.
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect your privacy. However, if you are concerned about the way in which we are managing your personal information and think we may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, or any other relevant obligation, please contact us using the contact details set out below. Complaints must be lodged in writing. We will deal with the matter within a reasonable time, and will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact us to discuss your concerns. You are also entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Contact details can be found at the OAIC's website: www.oaic.gov.au.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will always be available on our website.
If you need to contact us or want any further information from us on privacy matters, please contact us at:
- [email protected]
- +61 2 9692 0582
- Suite 39, 26-32 Pirrama Road Pyrmont NSW 2009
- Pyrmont (Australia)