Plus shipping See details
Shipping Cost (Standard) £2.90
Free Delivery over £35.00
14 Days Return Policy
About the BISTRO French Press Coffee Maker
Beloved by coffee enthusiasts worldwide, Bodum’s French press brewing system is celebrated for its simplicity of brewing and purity of taste. The BISTRO French Press Coffee Maker is based upon our original design from 1974, but has been modernized and updated for the modern era.
Simple, stylish and swift, the BISTRO French press waves goodbye to wasteful paper filters, single-use capsules and the other trappings of modern coffee brewing for good. In just four minutes, it transforms coarsely ground beans and hot water into that most reinvigorating of drinks – a mouth-watering cup of joe.
The BISTRO French Press Coffee Maker is equally at home on the patio as it is in the kitchen. Crafted from lightweight yet durable Tritan, the carafe is shatterproof and resistant to taste and odor absorption, so you can enjoy a deliciously pure cup of freshly brewed coffee wherever you are.
Main Features & Benefits
- Iconic French press coffee maker that brings out the full flavor and aroma of your brew
- Modern redesign of the original BISTRO French press from 1974
- The carafe is made of shatterproof, BPA-free Tritan plastic that’s scratch resistant, non-deformable by heat, and resistant to temperature changes
- The frame and lid is made from durable stainless steel that’s undergone several chrome-plating processes to result in a durable, shiny surface capable of withstanding many years of use
- The black handle is made from Polypropylene with a matte finish that gives a comfortable grip while serving and adds to the classic quality of the design
- Stainless steel plunger prevents ground beans escaping when the coffee is poured
- Transparent carafe makes the whole brewing process visible
- More environmentally friendly than many coffee-brewing methods – no paper filters or plastic capsules required
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
Use & CareThe French press system is the simplest way to brew rich, flavorful coffee.
- Place the BISTRO on a flat surface, hold the handle firmly, and pull the plunger up and out of the carafe.
- Add one rounded teaspoon or one Bodum scoop of coarsely ground coffee for each cup/4oz water.
- Pour hot water into the carafe (about 92-96ºC) leaving a minimum of 2.5cm/1inch at the top, and stir with a plastic or wooden spoon.
- Place the plunger unit on top of the pot and turn the lid so the pour spout is closed to retain the heat.
- Leave four minutes to brew, then slowly lower the plunger. Turn the lid to open the pour spout and pour your delicious cup of joe.
- Wash in warm, soapy water before first use and dry thoroughly. All parts are dishwasher safe.
- Item Number 11887-16-10
- Coming Soon No
- Shatter Proof No
- Color Chrome
- Capacity 1.0 L
- Width (cm) 10.2
- Height (cm) 22.3
- Depth (cm) 17.0
- EAN 699965392529
- Material Silicone, Polypropylene (PP), Polyamide 6 (PA6), IRON DC04, Tritan