- 1. Data controller
- 1.1. The entity responsible for collecting, processing and using your personal data is:
- Bodum AG
- Kantonsstr. 100
- CH - 6234 Triengen
- Registered at Lucerne Commercial Registry Office under no CHE-107.970.638
- 2.1. In any case regarding processing of your personal data, including exercising your rights (see Section 3) you may contact our Data Protection Officer, [email protected], marked “Personal Data Protection” in the subject field of your email.
- 3.1. As a data subject you have the following rights related you processing of your personal data while using our website and/or ordering our products:
- • the right to withdraw your consent;
- • the right to information about your personal data stored by us; in particular, you may obtain information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data was or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the origin of your data if these were not collected directly from you;
- • the right to correct incorrect data or complete correct data;
- • the right to delete your data stored by us, provided that no legal or contractual retention periods or other legal obligations or rights for further storage are to be observed;
- • the right to restrict the processing of your data; if you contest the accuracy of the data; if the processing is unlawful but you opposes to delete it; we do not longer need the data, but you need them in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have filed an objection to the processing;
- • the right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive selected data stored by us about you in a common, machine-readable format, or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- • the right of appeal to a supervisory authority responsible for data protection; you may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence.
- 4.1. Provision of the website
- • Description and scope of data processing. Every time you visit our website, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of your computer. In this case, we only collect the “access data”, i.e., the name of your Internet service provider, the page which you are visiting us from, browser type/version and language or the name of the requested file.
- • Legal basis for data processing. The legal basis for the temporary storage of data is our legitimate interest, namely proper provision of the website (i.e., Article 6 sec. 1 f) GDPR).
- • Purpose of data processing. Processing of the abovementioned data is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to the user's computer.
- • Duration of storage. The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose which they were collected for, i.e. until the end of respective session.
- • Possibility of opposition and elimination. The collection of data for the provision of the website is necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility of objection on the part of the user.
- • Description and scope of data processing. While registering on our website and by subscribing to the newsletter the user has to provide their personal data. The following data is collected during the registration process: first name, last name, address and e-mail address, phone number (optional). Additionally at the time of registration your IP address and the date and time of registration will be stored. Your account will also store your order history.
- • Legal basis for data processing. The personal data collected for the purpose of registering on our website are processed on the basis of necessity to perform the contract that we have with you (i.e., Article 6 sec. 1 b) GDPR). The information filed on the registration form with “*” are mandatory. The personal data collected for the purpose of providing you with the newsletter are processed on the basis of your consent (i.e., Article 6 sec 1 a) GDPR).
- • Purpose of data processing. A registration of the user is necessary for the performance of the contract and for a simpler order of products. In addition a registration of the user is necessary for the provision of the newsletter.
- • Duration of storage. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. This is the case for the data collected during the registration process if the registration on our website is cancelled or changed.
- • Possibility of opposition and elimination. As a user you have the possibility to cancel the registration at any time. You can change the data stored about you at any time.
- • Description and scope of data processing. When you order a product, we collect, store and process your data for the entire processing and billing of your purchase. For your order we need your correct name and surname, address and payment data. We need your e-mail address so that we can confirm receipt of your order, send you the contract documentation and communicate with you. To order our products user has to register on our website (see Section 4.2). With your permission or to the extent permitted by law, we will use your personal information also for the purpose of sending our promotional materials of our own products (see Section 4.4).
- • Legal basis for data processing. We process your personal data collected during the ordering process for the purpose of performing the contract that we have with you (i.e., Article 6 sec. 1 b) GDPR). Processing of your personal data also for the purpose of sending our promotional materials of our own products is based on our legitimate interest (i.e., Article 6 sec. 1 f) GDPR) or your consent (i.e., Article 6 sec. 1 a) GDPR).
- • Purpose of data processing. The storage of the above-mentioned data is necessary for the conclusion and the implementation of the contract. The collection of the data also serves to enable direct advertising.
- • Duration of storage. We regularly check (approximately once a year) whether the data collected during the ordering process is still up-to-date and necessary.
- • Possibilities of opposition and elimination. There is no possibility to object to the storage of data provided by you for ordering the goods. If the use of the data for advertising purposes is based on your permission you can oppose to the data processing at any time.
- • Description and scope of data processing. You can subscribe to a free newsletter on our website. When registering for the newsletter, the following personal data is processed: your e-mail address. Additionally at the time of registration your IP address and the date and time of registration will be stored. We use the list provider MailChimp to send our newsletter. MailChimp is an offer of The Rocket Science Group, LLC, 512 Means Street, Suite 404, Atlanta, GA 30318 (hereinafter Mailchimp). Mailchimp is certified under the EU/US Privacy Shield. The data stored during registration is sent to Mailchimp and stored by Mailchimp. After registration, MailChimp will send you an e-mail to obtain your consent and confirm your registration. Furthermore MailChimp offers different possibilities about how the sent newsletters are opened and used, e.g. to how many users an e-mail was sent, whether e-mails were rejected and whether users have unsubscribed from the list after receiving an e-mail. These analyses are only group-related and are not used by us for individual evaluation. MailChimp also uses the analysis tool Google Analytics from Google, Inc and may include it in its newsletters. Further details on Google Analytics can be found in this data protection statement under Section 5.1. Further information on data protection in connection with MailChimp can be found at: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- • Legal basis for data processing. The personal data collected for the purpose of providing you with the newsletter are processed on the basis of your consent (i.e., Article 6 sec 1 a) GDPR).
- • Purpose of data processing. We process your personal for the purpose of providing you with the newsletter.
- • Duration of storage. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, i.e. as long as your subscription to the newsletter is active.
- • Possibilities of opposition and elimination. The subscription to the newsletter can be cancelled by the user concerned at any time. For this purpose there is a corresponding link in every newsletter.
- o necessary cookies collect basic information necessary for the proper display and functioning of the website;
- o functional cookies collect information about your settings and choices concerning the configuration of the website (e.g. font size or language);
- o analytics cookies collect information about how you interact with the website;
- o marketing cookies collect information about user's surfing behaviour, preferences and interests.
- • Legal basis for data processing. We use necessary cookies on the basis of our legitimate interest, i.e., ensuring proper functioning of the website (Article 6 sec. 1 f) GDPR).
- • Purpose of data processing. We use the following types of cookies for the following purposes:
- o necessary cookies enable basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website; the website cannot function properly without these cookies;
- o functional cookies allow to simplify the use of websites for users, by remembering the settings and choices concerning the configuration of the website (e.g. font size or language) made by the user on the website; they make it possible to adjust the website to the user's individual settings and to personalize the interface; they enable the saving of selected product categories and the contents of the shopping cart;
- o analytics cookies help us to improve the quality of our website and its content and to understand how you interact with the website by collecting and reporting information in a way that does not directly identify you;
- o marketing cookies enable the delivery of advertisements tailored to the user's surfing behaviour, preferences and interests; at the same time, they allow to limit the number of displays of the same advertisement on the website; they also allow to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising activities
- • Duration of storage. We use two types of cookies depending on their storage time:
- o persistent cookies are stored on your device for a period of time specified in their parameters or until you remove them; and
- o session cookies are stored on the user's device until the end of the session of the website.
- o Chrome
- o Firefox
- o Internet Explorer
- o Safari
The following types of cookie files are used by our website to store and transmit personal data:
In addition we use third party cookies (see Section 5).
We use functional cookies, analytics cookies and marketing cookies on the basis of your consent (Article 6 sec. 1 a) GDPR).
If you want to block the use of all or some specific cookies, you can change the settings in your web browser to remove all previously saved cookies and prevent new cookies from being saved. More information is available on your browser's Help pages. The following links explain the procedure for some common browsers:
- 5.1. Google Analytics
- 5.2. Google Conversion Tracking
- 5.3. Awin
- 5.4. CJ Affiliate
- 5.5. Criteo
- 5.6. Hotjar
- 5.7. Use of social media plug-ins
As an AdWords customer, we also use Google Conversion Tracking, an analysis service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; "Google"). Google Adwords sets a cookie on your computer ("conversion cookie") if you have accessed our website via a Google ad. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If you visit certain pages of ours and the cookie has not expired, we and Google may recognize that someone clicked on the ad and was redirected to our page. Each AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be traced through the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. AdWords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users. If you do not wish to participate in the tracking process, you can deactivate cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the "googleadservices.com" domain.
The person responsible for processing has integrated components from Awin on this website. Awin is a German affiliate network that offers affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is an Internet-supported form of distribution that enables commercial operators of Internet sites, so-called merchants or advertisers, to display advertisements, which are usually remunerated via click or sale commissions, on the Internet sites of third parties, i.e. sales partners who are also called affiliates or publishers. The merchant provides an advertising medium via the affiliate network, i.e. an advertising banner or other suitable means of Internet advertising, which are subsequently integrated into an affiliate's own Internet pages or advertised via other channels, such as keyword advertising or e-mail marketing.
The operating company of Awin is Awin AG, Eichhornstraße 3, 10785 Berlin, Germany.
Awin places a cookie on the user’s brower. What cookies are has already been explained above. Awin's tracking cookie does not store any personal data. Only the identification number of the affiliate, i.e. the partner referring potential customers, as well as the order number of the visitor of a website and the clicked advertising material are stored. The purpose of storing this data is to process commission payments between a merchant and the affiliate, which are processed via the affiliate network, i.e. Awin.
The person concerned can prevent the setting of cookies by our website at any time, as already described above, by means of an appropriate setting of the Internet browser used and thus permanently object to the setting of cookies. Such a setting of the Internet browser used would also prevent Awin from placing a cookie on the information technology system of the person concerned. In addition, cookies already set by Awin can be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs.
On the site we use affiliate network technologies from Digital Window Inc. (http://www.affiliatewindow.com). When you are redirected to our website via an ad from a website that is part of the affiliate network ("network"), this fact is stored in a cookie that the website operator places on your computer. The cookie contains are randomly generated pseudonym. If you make a purchase on our website or visit the website again within a certain period of time, the network participants can recognize you by the pseudonym and assign the purchase to the network. However, this information cannot be linked to you personally. We do not combine this information with your personal data and do not pass on any personal data to third parties.
If you do not want Digital Window to use information about your behaviour as described above, you can refuse the setting of a cookie required for this - for example using a browser setting that generally deactivates the automatic setting of cookies - or you can delete the cookie.
We use the Criteo service to place advertisements on our website and the pages of third parties for previous visitors to our website. This service is operated by Criteo SA, Rue Blanche, 75009, Paris, France (http://www.criteo.com/).
Criteo places a cookie on your computer from which information about the playout of advertisements is obtained. The cookie text files contain information about your visits to our website, in particular about the products that you have viewed in order to make specific product recommendations on subsequent visits to our website or the websites of third parties. The cookie contains a randomly generated alias. If you visit our website again within a certain period of time, Criteo recognizes you by this alias. However, this information cannot be linked to you personally. Neither we nor Criteo combine this information with your personal data and do not pass on any personal data to third parties.
Our website uses the web analysis service hotjar of Hotjar Ltd, Level 2, St Julians Business Centre,3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta, Europe +1 (855) 464-6788.
This tool records movements on the observed web pages in so-called heat maps. This enables us to recognize anonymously where visitors click and how far they scroll. This allows us to make our website better and more customer-friendly. The protection of your personal data is very important to us when using this tool. All data is collected without us being able to assign it to specific users. We can only understand how the mouse moves, where it was clicked and how far it was scrolled. Furthermore, the screen size of the device, the device type, information about the browser, the country from which it was accessed and the preferred language are recorded. If personal data is displayed on a website, it is automatically hidden by Hotjar. They are therefore incomprehensible to us. Information about the tracking code and the cookie about website usage is transmitted to Hotjar and stored on servers in Ireland.
We use plugins on our website. You can recognize the plugins by the respective network logo. The plugin informs the social network that you have visited the corresponding page of our website. If you are logged in to the social network, it can assign the visit to your account. When you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking the Facebook "I like" button or making a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted directly from your browser to the social network and stored there.
The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by social networks as well as your relevant rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in the data protection information of the respective networks or websites.
Even if you are not logged in to the social networks, data can be sent to the networks from websites with social plug-ins. A plugin sets a cookie with an identifier each time the website is accessed. Since your browser sends this cookie with every connection to a network server without being asked, the network could in principle create a profile of which websites the user belonging to the identification has called. And it would then also be quite possible to assign this identifier to a person again later - for example when logging on to the social network later.
If you do not want social networks to collect data about you via plug-ins, you can select the "Block third party cookies" function in your browser settings. In this case, the browser does not send cookies to the server for embedded content from other providers. With this setting, however, other cross-page functions may no longer work in addition to the plugins.
- 6.1. Your personal data will only be passed on or otherwise transmitted to third parties if this is necessary for the purpose of:
- • contract processing or billing; or
- • providing the newsletter; or
- • hosting services; or
- • improving the website.